Back to Top


How do I find when my court date is?

You can find pending cases here:


How do I find local ordinances?

All of Bartholomew County's ordinances are available online at the American Legal Publishing Corporation's website.

How do I find out about sponsored clinics?

You can contact the Public Nursing division of the Bartholomew County Health Department for a list of all regularly scheduled clinics.

How do I find information about the Geographic Information System (GIS)?

Resource materials on using the Elevate system can be found on the Elevate website.  You can get access directly to Elevate from here.

How do I find out what a subpoena is?

A subpoena is a court order that tells you to appear in court to testify at a specified date and time.  If you fail to obey a subpoena, a warrant may be issued for your arrest or you may be charged with contempt of court.  If you are subpoenaed by the Prosecutor’s Office and the defense attorney wants to meet with you, then it is acceptable to speak with the defense attorney.  However, you are under no legal obligation to do so.  Please contact the Victim/Witness Coordinator in the Prosecutor’s Office.  You may have a prosecutor with you at the time you speak with the defense attorney, or you may contact a private attorney at your expense to attend with you.

How do I find out if Indiana has a Voter ID Policy?

Yes, Indiana does require you to show your ID before being able to vote.  Information can be located on the State's website here.

How do I find out if a Civil Paper has been served?

The Sheriff's office front desk personnel can be reached at 812-379-1650.

How do I find information for Adult Protective Services?

Adult Protective Services investigates allegations of abuse, neglect, self-neglect and exploitation involving people 18 years old and older if they are suffering from neurodevelopmental disorder, mental illness, dementia, stroke or anything that involves a person not being capable of caring for themselves. Adult Protective Services currently provides services to the following counties - Bartholomew, Brown, Jennings, Decatur and Jackson. If you would like to report a case of abuse or neglect to Adult Protective Services, please contact their office at 812-379-1670, option 5 or by e-mail through department contact page and someone will contact you as soon as possible.