Back to Top


How do I request public records?

A public records request can be made by visiting our Contact Us page and selecting the department your request pertains to.  Please be as detailed as possible with your request. Due to the volume of public communication, this will ensure the fastest response in assisting your request.

How do I request to be added to a meeting agenda?

You can request to be added to a meeting agenda by contacting the organizing department of the meeting in question one week prior to the scheduled meeting.  Below are the most requested meeting and departments.


Commissioners Meetings - Board of Commissioners

County Council - Auditor's Office

Board and Zoning Meeting - Code Enforcement

PTBOA - Assessor's Office

Redevelopment Commission - Auditor's Office

Drainage Board - Surveyor's Office

How do I request a mailbox replacement that was knocked down during mowing or snow clearing?

The county superintendent will review each situation to determine if the highway department will replace the mailbox.  Call County Highway between 7:00 AM and 3:30 PM Monday through Friday to have your situation reviewed.

How do I request copies of the charges filed against me?

Any charges filed against you can be obtained through the Bartholomew County Clerk's Office.

How do I request state tax liens and judgments?

State tax liens are found in the Bartholomew County Clerk's office. The Recorder's office only has information on federal tax liens.

How do I request emergency help?

Dial 911 and stay on the line while the dispatcher assists you.

How do I request a copy of an accident report?

Accident reports are available a minimum of three business days after the incident.  We recommend calling the Front Desk at 812-379-1650 to verify the report is ready to be picked up from the Sheriff's office.  To look up the report, we will need the accident report number, name, and date of the accident.